Sunday, January 3, 2010

End of 2009 Re-cap

The year 2009, started with plans to start Freaked-Out Fellowship as a ministry endeavor. As I was still working through ideas with the Tribe of Dan Ministry. Looking back at notes from March, my main concern was the strategy and over all idea of the Tribe of Dan. I was beginning to feel as if we were too busy trying to create or build a ministry, when our calling is to DO ministry.
Also, another common theme I see dating back to March 2009, was the search and enhancing of my calling in the Kingdom of God. I had written “Goal- To help people find themselves and express it”. A great impacting throughout those times was the podcasts from Elevation Church.
A Spirit-filled message I received through prayer in April 2009, was “Be prepared for when the blessings come, the vision manifests, because much will be required”. That was an answer to my concerns about my calling, personal ministry work, and even the overall vision. I know the Lord is still at work in me in an effort to build Godly character.
By the end of April 2009, I began to put serious thought into the planning of Freaked-Out Fellowship, and was using Pastor Matt Keller’s book, Up The Middle Church, as a reference guide. A great mentor into my Christian walk was Pastor Alex from First Assembly of God, Fort Myers. He provided so much counseling and discussion time to push me further as a man of God. (I just realized he introduced me to the ministry of Francis Chan, but yet I read Crazy Love before he did, how ironic, ha ha ha).
In May, I had a meeting with pastor Matt Keller from Next Level Church, concerning the start up of Freaked-Out Fellowship. He offered advice into seeking my calling and also gave me the push to start up FOF. Also, Mark Batterson podcast’s were a valuable resource!
In June, I decided to embark on a book of Acts commentary idea. I have to sideline many other Spirit-filled leaders who promise that if you read through the book of Acts as a follower of Christ, you will be renewed, strengthened, and challenged!! I still talk about that journey today, and have my notes listed on the Freaked-Out Fellowship webpage (http://www.freakedoutfellowship.weebly.com).
June 22,2009 I gave my own definition to the term “Jesus Freak”- “let all that is in me out for the glory of God”! woohoo! Glory to God in the highest! Much respect and admiration for DC TALK and Voice of the Martyrs for the music and books. Also, in June thanks to the podcasts by Mark Batterson, I developed my “bucket list”. Still at work, slow and steady. Some things I have fulfilled since making it would be:
Open-Air preaching, Creating a street evangelism team, buy something for a complete stranger, become the guy who will talk to anyone, read through the message Bible (New Testament), eat a meal with the homeless, go to church dressed like a prophet, find and thank a teacher for all that they did for me, try Ezekiel Bread, Preach door to door…To be continued.
As far as those goals I could see myself doing this year:
Visit a monastery, have children (ha ha ha just playing Gabriella, not yet..), preach in prison, pray daily times of prayer, go on a cruise with Gabriella, go to the Holy Land Experience, do a 40 day fast, help and witness Gabriella with a bucket list, witness a NT miracle, attend a leadership conference, take Gabriella on an awesome adventure, raise $ for a charity, run/walk a marathon for a cause, visit a new monastic environment. WISH ME LUCK!!!
My personal mission statement developed as “Creating ( or building up) Jesus Freaks”.
Around the middle of the year, I began to meet with an awesome group of guys to study through the Truth Project. We developed relationships and had conversations that will impact eternity! (Shout out to Rob, Paul, Mark, and Cha, we can include Joe as well!)
Gabriella and I, had an awesome year. We experienced a lot of growth, through times of blessing and times of trial. Many people have posed the concept of marriage to us, and that alone has provided area for growth. We continue on as a happy couple, going through the life in LOVE.
When I first came to Christ, I experienced a lot of dreams. I still have a small journal that I had kept record. As I venture through this years thoughts and notes, I realize I haven’t had too many dream occurrences. October 7, 2009, I left a note concerning a series of dreams I had in response to a prayer of God making clear what I should be doing. 1st dream- Proclaim was the word of the day and I defined it. 2nd dream- I was a witness in a courtroom trial. 3rd dream- woke up and started to get ready 3 hours before I had to, couldn’t stop thinking about urgency. PROCLAIM, WITNESS, URGENCY!
Looking through notes of October and November, I see a common theme. Basically, a discontentment with the state of the Church, and our lack of true follower-ship. A study into New Monasticism as well as re-occurring thoughts into the life of the Apostles had caused this. Noticing that we, as the body of Christ, have compromised the mission and the gospel. Thinking through ideas of the persecuted church also had impacted this.
Late November and heading into December, up until now, has been a journey into defining discipleship. I am currently working on some ideas for re-creating discipleship in the lives of believers and non-believers. Acting Out- ACTS!
Look forward to New Year resolutions!

Great books I read in 09’:
The Renegades Guide to God by David Foster
The Unexpected Adventure by Lee Strobel and Mark Mittelberg
The Gospel According to Starbucks
Holy Ambition by Chip Ingram
The Soul Winner by Charles Spurgeon
Primal by Mark Batterson
And finishing off the year with, The Year of Living Like Jesus by Ed Dobson.

No comments: