Sunday, May 3, 2009

Update Blog - Keep it Simple

First off, let me start with "I'm Sorry". I am such a horrible blogger for those who read and look forward to my blogs. Its been close to two months on this blog since I have made a post.
Well, today's message from pastor Matt at Next Level Church hit the mark. Struck me guilty of "OVERLOAD" and now I am repenting. The past 2 months I have thought about blogging, had some good messages I wanted to share, but always had a busy excuse NY, Gabriella was sick, busy, busy, busy...
So, I will be back on my blogging. I wanted to talk a bit about the message pastor Matt delivered and some things he said and how they impacted me.
Well, here is the link to the message, if you would like to hear it yourself. It's apart of NLC's new series "Overload- disconnect to reconnect".

http://www.nextlevelchurch.com/templates/_nextlevel/details.asp?id=37624&PID=659042

Anyways, the most profound thing pastor Matt said that resonated in my heart was that "the natural human heart/ mind always wanders to make things more complicated". So True, I have seen this in my ways, my life, and the ministry. I had a conversation yesterday where I had confessed to a brother in Christ, that the Lord is re-teaching me "simplicity". It's so true that "the simple things confound the wise".
We, the Tribe of Dan Ministry, have had a minor transition. I am leading up the work in a new ministry called "Freaked-Out Fellowship", in which yours truly in the lead pastor! We are taking it back to simplicity- Creating Jesus Freaks! This had a lot to do with my latest learnings in love for the simple things in every aspect of life. Relationships, evangelism, prayer, etc..
Oh yeah, check out the Freaked-Out Fellowship webpage, we are still doing work but we look to launch in June or July.
http://www.freakedoutfellowship.weebly.com
Well, I'm going to follow my own advice and keep it simple with this blog. I hope you might look into the simplicity that is in Christ today, and you learn in your own walk, following Christ daily!
God bless, in Christ,
Pastor Mike

No comments: