Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A day of learning

Greetings in Christ.
Well today, as was yesterday, and the last couple days, have been difficult. I don't know what it is, my patience has been tried. Well, Heavenly Father, continue to guide and strengthen me. Amen!
Today, I listened to some awesome messages.
First, I want to start with HUMILITY. AS Christians, we know how important this attribute is. I listened to a message from 2/42 Community Church, I urge everyone to check out their podcast. Well the message was about learning with humility. Many of us, myself included sometimes think we know it all. We totally don't! Some great examples of the human stupidity were given which I got a kick out of.
Hand Sanitizer- For external use only. Hello, its for your hands! Even more so, this was an excellent point- We pick up the sanitizer with our dirty hands, use it, then put it away! ha ha ha

hmmm...I could go on and on, but I just found an awesome website that makes the point!
http://www.rinkworks.com/said/warnings.shtml

Such smart creatures, we are? Right?
I just want to shout out a certain man who has expressed humility to me. Pastor Alex Bryant from First Assembly, The House
http://www.thehizzie.com
This is a man who has such humility, and is always willing to learn and teach that we don't have all the answers. IMPACT!

“When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom” (Proverbs 11:2).
“Before his downfall a man’s heart is proud, but humility comes before honor” (Proverbs 18:12)."
“Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life” (Proverbs 22:4)."


And now for another topic, REGRET. For the last couple weeks a topic that has resonating in my mind is LIVE EVERYDAY AS IF ITS YOUR LAST. Such an important topic.
Concerning regret, basically it is so true that most the things we regret are things we failed to do, not so much the things we have done.
So a major part of life is to recognize the things the Spirit is telling you to do, say, or whatever- that way you wont have regret.
Well thanks everyone,
goodnight and God bless
Michael Miano

1 comment:

Nick said...

Keep the faith brother. Narrow is the way. This walk we are called to will be trying. All we can do is continue to seek God and live in His Will.

Love you brother,
Nick